CarpetRight or an independant?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When getting my new carpet fitted, would anyone advise going to independant as opposed to a big chain like carpet right?

Do they do a better job of fitting in general than the chains?

I dont want any muppets working in my house (think kwik-fit) damaging the nicely painted white walls....

Thanks, Phil

Sponsored Links
would advise a good indepenent every time.

By the way, Carpet Right won't fit your carpet for you, they'll put you in contact with a fitter, they'll charge you handling and delivery, but they won't fit it for you.

Go to some good independants, and compare a visit to carpet right ;)

In my experiance use an independant. I have just used carpetright and their "recommended fitters". IMO, The workmanship of the fitting is pretty rubbish. Also, i had 5 rooms carpeted and 2 of those were measured wrong by the person from carpetright! This resulted in them having to come back another time and refit them! I would never use them again or recommend them to anyone.

Sponsored Links
I work for an independant actually on the books if you can find an outfit with "employed fitters" not subbies I would go with it as we have to be so more fussy of our work because if we cocked up it's us that have to go back!! Dont get me wrong they're not all bad though..
But.. I would steer clear of carpet right I have seen them pull allsorts of tricks and have had to put some things right :(
hope this helps..

Independants will usually provide you with a much better quality product at a lessor price too.

Carpetright staff earn a living from commision (their basic salary is VERY low) - in other words they do not care about anything other than parting you from your money

carpet right are crpp!

my mum used them. THey charge £25 to deliver carpet to your house, and they do not pass this cost on to the private fitter.

I used allied carpets instead but next time would probably use an independent firm.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back