Cartridge for fire extinguishers

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am overhauling my CO2-water fire extinguishers which I "inherited" from a retail business I used to run, and which I now use at home. The service engineer at that time showed me how to inspect the container for signs of corrosion, how to remove and check-weigh the CO2 cartridge etc. The problem is it's difficult or impossible to obtain the cartridges, type BS5423. I've tried a security shop that sells extinguishers but they will only service them (at an extortionate cost), not offer parts. It all sounds very much like a "closed shop". Any ideas, please, how and where I can get the gas? I had heard that it is also used in beer making - is it a standard "keg beer" type as used in a pub, does anyone know?
Alec

Sponsored Links
as you said its a cartridge, the idea is when the pin is struck it pierces a lead seal, releasing the CO2, once pierced cartridge is useless. you need a new cartridge.

try a fire extinguisher company

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back