Cat House and Run - Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi there

I am currently building a new house and run for my stud cat. The outside needs to be panelled on one side and roofed with solid ply and roofing felt.

I have been advised to use marine ply, but would it be ok to use WBP? If so, what should I seal it with, and what thicknesses should I use? Its quite hard to find marine ply, even though I live near Southampton!!

I am a complete wuss when it comes to DIY, and I dont want t order the wrong stuff.

Thanks

Chrissy

Sponsored Links
Hi

WBP ( waterproof and boil proof ) plywood will be fine will be fine. Marine ply is supper water proof and used for boat building in the main. You could consider using Oriented Strand Board (OSB) which is water resistant and is some what cheaper than plywood. For the thickness I would say 12mm that’s what I have used for matrons rabbit run. Sealing that’s up to you it all depends if you want it to look like a job in the town or a little more than cardboard city.

http://www.laver.co.uk/index.asp

the side panel will blend in to the garden if treated with a dark-brown water repellent stain as used for sheds and fences.

do not allow the ply to touch the ground as this will accelerate decay.

protect all cut edges - paint is better than stain for this.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back