Cat menace

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Does anyone know of a good, legal way of keeping cats out of a garden?
I've tried all the usual repellents, including the garlic granules and the green crystals, but the little b****r keeps cr*****g on my lawn.
I don't want to speak to the neighbours about it, nor use a rifle as I'm a hopeless shot, just something effective short of executing/injuring it.

Sponsored Links
I did see a great looking set up on youtube involving some barriers to cajole the cat into an area, then an automated water-squirt. Lovely

Nozzle

Does anyone know of a good, legal way of keeping cats out of a garden? .

yes

get your own cat.

cats are territorial. Your own cat will fight away intruders, which will respect his garden because it is owned by another cat.

And your cat will respect his own garden, and will not crap on the lawn. You can encourage him to use a dug-over patch of your own choosing, or even a litter tray.

Cats do not respect unoccupied territory that is not owned by a cat, which is why you get intruders.

You could achieve the same end by befriending your neighbour's cat to treat it as his own.

Perhaps you are not a kindly man.

You could achieve the same end by befriending your neighbour's cat to treat it as his own.

Perhaps you are not a kindly man.

As usual, blame the victim.

I have several times stroked the neighbours' cat (outside our own garden) - it's a friendly thing, but I just wish it would use the neighbours' own garden, or that they would train it with a litter tray.

Sponsored Links
Hopefully the rifle was a joke
I have heard that you can buy lion poo and that it works

the only things i found that works is the water jet good for heron too
also carpet grippers where the menaces come over the fence and once you get rid of them the wild life seems to appear back in your garden

Wild life parks sell off lion, Tiger, Big cat poo apparently it works reasonably well?

As for a rifle? do not think so, not even an Air rifle. that is totally against existing [firearms] law

For example, up here in the [still] far frozen north [but about to be unleashed in England] there is a law, solely regards Air WEAPONS [that is what the Scottish Government want the possession of air [WEAPONS] called.

If you posses an air rifle or air pistol soon, all over England you will need a License, to bring air weapons in line with Scotland.

To get an air weapons license in England you will need to apply [at a cost] for a license.

After thE impositions are enforced and I firmly believe all for the good.
You cannot fire your air weapon in your own rear garden or yard. [The pellet could ricochet outside of your property]
Cats and all other domestic animals are not to be target and shot at.
Some animals and birds are allowable targets other are not.
Your license, if granted will allow you to shoot competitively at targets, or to shoot vermin [rats, pigeons Etc.] but NOT CATS!!!

Ken

oh, so you like to injure family pets.

What a nasty piece of work you are.

Personally, I think grippers a good suggestion. It's not a case of injuring the cat because cats are not stupid - it's more a case of deterring them.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back