Cat menace

Does anyone know of a good, legal way of keeping cats out of a garden?
I've tried all the usual repellents, including the garlic granules and the green crystals, but the little b****r keeps cr*****g on my lawn.
I don't want to speak to the neighbours about it, nor use a rifle as I'm a hopeless shot, just something effective short of executing/injuring it.

for the record: JOKE!!!

Sponsored Links
It takes a lot of practice to get to be a good shot, believe me I know?

A neighbour has a big fluffy cat which, after our cat died last year, came to see our garden as part of his/her territory. Even before our old cat died, in his latter years he tolerated 'fluffy cat'. They didn't fight, though.

Earlier this year, we obtained a couple of young kittens - sisters - who have only recently been spayed and allowed outside. When 'fluffy cat' appears they seem a little wary of him and back away. However, as they grow older I am hoping that they will regard our garden as their territory and, as they get bigger and more self-assured, they will hopefully make it clear to 'fluffy cat' that they will not be cowed. After all, they outnumber 'fluffy cat' two to one!

Sponsored Links
Personally, I think grippers a good suggestion. It's not a case of injuring the cat because cats are not stupid - it's more a case of deterring them.

please take your shoes and socks off and run across these sharp metal spikes.

then hobble back here with your bleeding feet and tell me if you still think so.

I have two cats and after two years they still use my flower bed as a toilet (who said they don't sh*t in their own garden??)

I've given up trying to stop them as they only use this area by routine which means it's kept in one place, I don't have to keep emptying an indoor tray and I know they haven't done anything in the neighbour's gardens. I've accepted it as one of life's minor inconveniences.

Carpet grippers, upturned nails, etc. don't generally work -- cats are very nimble and determined creatures and they will normally find a way into your garden. The only solution I have seen to work would be the rollers which sit on the top of fences. Expensive and arguably unattractive, but far more ethical than deliberately using upturned nails or pins to pierce the feet of an animal (and someone's pet).

https://www.katzecure.com/

register at borrowmydoggie.com and get a labrador every couple of weeks.

1. They bark and will chase a cat.
2. poo is like caviar to them.

Bit of a difference between those fence spikes and carpet grips, the latter are really nasty. It's not just the cats tho is it? It's the hedgehogs and anything else that may walk over it.
The fence spikes are pretty good tho, have those on my neighbours fence to keep our cat out of her garden. It seems to work on a whole.

I find water pistols are the best, a couple of drops of washing up liquid in it as cats hate the taste.

If you put in carpet grippers then before you know it the cats will be fitting carpets to the fence
rugs-hanging-out-spring-cleaning-two-small-area-hung-outside-to-be-aired-dusted-as-part-30946722.jpg
722.jp the solution we went to was actually to prevent foxes but it stops cats too
About a pound from Wilco
15217964368597469487452806560350.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back