Catalonia, EU turns a blind eye.

Sponsored Links
First Brexiters scream EU has soft borders then they scream they have hard borders.

Mental.

Catalonia relative to the rest of Spain is wealthier.
Scotland relative to England is poorer.
So whether Scotland in GDP terms is wealthier than Catalonia is not relevant.
Always qualifying an earlier claim when it is proven to be wrong :rolleyes:

And you see you've got it wrong again...

Scotland GDP per capita $43,740

England GDP per capita $42,580

No doubt you will dispute the figures, but what you will have to admit is that Scotland is 'wealthier' than more than half of the EU countries...

Thus your original statement was total carp!

Scotland will easily be able to stand on it's own, and the only country to suffer if they get independence is a smaller UK!

Why is it that so many people can at the same time think that the UK will be better off independent from the EU, but disagree with the idea that other countries or regions would be better off independent, e.g. Scotland, Catalonia?

Sponsored Links
Why is it that so many people can at the same time think that the UK will be better off independent from the EU, but disagree with the idea that other countries or regions would be better off independent, e.g. Scotland, Catalonia?
It appears that many people think that one particular 'union' is 'evil', but then blank out the fact that another country may consider a different 'union' to be against their own interests...

Hardly consistent thinking...

But then we shouldn't be surprised given we know from where such warped 'thinking' emanates from :LOL:

I ended my gym membership but why do they insist on having walls on keeping me out?

I voted to leave the gym, but no new gym has been set up yet and I cant go back to my own gym unless they punch a hole through the wall for me.

I used to have full 24hr access to the pool, sauna, classes, now all I can get is weekends only basic membership, with no classes , sauna etc.

It's very unreasonable of the gym to not pander to your every request since you decide to leave.

I expect they have even stopped your wife, who had access because of your membership, going as well, total bastards.

But who is it insisting on only allowing members to have membership benefits?

"Insisting" says @Newboy

I ended my gym membership but why do they insist on having walls on keeping me out?

I voted to leave the gym, but no new gym has been set up yet and I cant go back to my own gym unless they punch a hole through the wall for me.

I used to have full 24hr access to the pool, sauna, classes, now all I can get is weekends only basic membership, with no classes , sauna etc.
As you stand there out in the cold, your snotty nose pressed up against the glass looking at that which you used to have access to...

You count 27 happy members enjoying themselves inside in the warm...

Was it just your imagination, or did you catch them all looking at you and then exchanging a smirk?

Always qualifying an earlier claim when it is proven to be wrong :rolleyes:

And you see you've got it wrong again...

Scotland GDP per capita $43,740

England GDP per capita $42,580

No doubt you will dispute the figures, but what you will have to admit is that Scotland is 'wealthier' than more than half of the EU countries...

Thus your original statement was total carp!

Scotland will easily be able to stand on it's own, and the only country to suffer if they get independence is a smaller UK!
If you exclude oil and gas revenue plus the 10 to 13 billion a year subvention needed to
Plug the gap between what Scotland spends and what it raises in taxes means England is wealthier.

An independent Scotland would have to raise taxes by a massive amount just to survive.

I bet the EU can't wait to welcome an idependant Scotland cap in hand into the club :LOL:

EU will welcome there export of irn bru
Deep fried battered Mars bars
And haggis :LOL:

If you exclude oil and gas revenue plus the 10 to 13 billion a year subvention needed to
Plug the gap between what Scotland spends and what it raises in taxes means England is wealthier.

An independent Scotland would have to raise taxes by a massive amount just to survive.
Well the oil and gas revenue would be Scotland's, so along with all their other energy resources they'll be 'quids in'...

Look at Norway (similar population), and how they were able to build up the world's biggest sovereign fund rather than having a 'foreign' parliament spaff it all away on tax cuts for the rich!

They'll also be able to negotiate the power link with Iceland that the UK has been stalling on, and sell on that energy...

They'll take back their fishing industry - something quitters want for the UK...

And if they were to come up short, then as a member of the EU they would get some of the funding that the UK as a whole will lose out on - they would be a net beneficiary!

But putting all that aside...

Surely quitters would applaud a nation getting out of a union they don't want to be part of in order to control their own destiny, wouldn't they?

Norway are not in the EU ;) :rolleyes:
They're actually in the EEA...

They pay in to the EU and have the same freedom of movement...

They're also in the Schengen zone...

They follow the same rules and regulations as the EU...

Which bit of the EEA do you not understand? :rolleyes:

They're actually in the EEA...

They pay in to the EU and have the same freedom of movement...

They're also in the Schengen zone...

They follow the same rules and regulations as the EU...

Which bit of the EEA do you not understand? :rolleyes:

Norway are not in the EU and never have been

Neither are Switzerland which bit if that don't u understand :confused:

:LOL:

There in. Nato along with the turks who are also not in the EU

Sponsored Links
Back