Catch Mechanism

22 Aug 2007
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hey there everbody, im in the need of some help.

Im fixing up a makeshift cupboard in my garage and need some help with the Draw, or more precisely the slider of the draw.

Ive got some old sliding bars from an old set of draws but i want to modify them a bit.

My aim is to have a draw where its locked in place unless a substantial force is used to open it (like those cupboard doors where you have to yank them a bit before they open). And i also want to have it so that it locks in place when open, again closing only when a reasonable force is used. (I would think the same mechanism on both ends should do it so to speak)

ive not done a modifcation like this before and am having problems locating a diagram, or even the name of the kind of mechanism i would need.

Does anyone have any ideas?

Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local