Window Locking Mechanism Size.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,

One side of my locking mechanism broke on my window.

I popped off the beading and drilled through so I could see the slider and dragged it back with an allen key which allowed me to open the window.

I looked online for a replacement mechanism but some of the standard sizes seem to be 400mm and 600mm and when I measured the length of my window at the bottom it was 480mm.

So my question is, am I going t have to get one specially made and where from or am I just looking in the wrong place??

Thank you for any help :)

Sponsored Links
have you measured the length of the espagnolette mechanism?

assuming its a single espagnolette with just mushroom keeps then it will be the next size shorter than the window

what is more more important is whether the locking part is offset or centred + you need to get an esp lock with same mushroom length

have you measured the length of the espagnolette mechanism?

assuming its a single espagnolette with just mushroom keeps then it will be the next size shorter than the window

what is more more important is whether the locking part is offset or centred + you need to get an esp lock with same mushroom length
I haven't taken it out yet as the winds been a bit strong and it's an upstairs window. I did notice that as well as those mushroom sliders there was also flat metal bits that slid out at the ends so assumed the mechanism is the full length at 480mm.

I'm hoping for better weather for the weekend so I can get up and take it off.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Update:
Turns out it was the gearbox that was broken so just had to get a new one and fit the ends on to it.

All fixed now. :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back