Cause of damp toilet floor

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
And no, before anyone says it, it isn't wee! :LOL: The loo isn't leaking cos I've had a good old feel around the back of it. The biggest damp patch is at the right side of the loo coming from the skirting board, with smaller patches tracking along the joints between floorboards at the front near the toilet. Neither patch seems to come directly from the toilet. Not a good description I know but can anyone help. Could condensation do this - it's a separate loo with no heating. Ta.

Sponsored Links
does the water supply pipe to the cistern run under the floorboard in that area?

Sponsored Links
It might be helpful to put some clean paper on the floor and inspect it frequently.

this should show up the position of any drips or splashes before they spread into general dampness.

how many male users of this WC are there?

Could the roof be leaking?

Is the outside surface of the cistern damp with condensation, e.g in the morining when the day is starting to warm up?

How about some photos?

please don't take it to heart.

http://smileys.on-my-web.com/repository/Disgusting/****.gif

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back