Cause of watermarks (edited)

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi...I have a query around surfacant leaching.

We moved into a house in December immediately after a water leak. We had marks all over the house which we presumed in all cases were due to the water. However in some rooms we are now decortating we are getting new ooze brown marks after we paint on new plasterboard which are not leaks and i think are surfactant leaching...

This now has made me wonder about some of the other marks we have on the kitchen downstairs which is showing 'new' signs of these types of marks regularly...I think they aren't the water leaks we thought they were originally. I have posted some images up to see what people think.

What i feel makes these surfactant leaching rather than water leaks is the brown bobbles that we are sometimes seeing at the base of the drip lines... they are quite bad in this room. I feel that someone has painted in the kitchen prior to us moving in
IMG-8120.jpg
IMG-8121.jpg
IMG-8122.jpg
with a bad quality not water resistant paint and its shedding its chemicals badly in this environment. Any thoughts would be hugely appreciate (before we go down the expensive route of roofer and building assessment etc.
Cheers
Ian

Sponsored Links
Brown drips at the end of water runs can be found in smokers' houses.

I do not know what you mean by surfactant in this context.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back