Cavity closers

5 Nov 2019
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi folks,
I'm refurbing a room in a modern timber framed house that had a window put in after it was built.
The window reveals in this room started showing signs of mold so decided to ripped them out.
There was no closer just a piece of foil backed plasterboard that sat on blobs of adhesive to isolate it from the brickwork.
The mold on the reveal matched exactly the shape/location of the cavity.

I'd like to close the cavity and then use a membrane to seal it (probably Intello) once the window has been replaced and then a tile backer board.

What's the method of closing the cavity on modern timber frame?

I've looked at the plastic cavity closers, these are normally used on masonary walls but would these work for timber frame as long as the polystyrene insulation is cut back so there's no moisture transfer between the brickwork and the OSB?
Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links