cavity regulations

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
hiya
hoping theres a expert on the latest building specs,iam adding on a extension on a bungalow 2 metre to a bedroom which the original house has a 75m cavity,i been told to make my new build with a 100 m cavity which means i have to dub out the inner wall with dry lining to bring it in line, it just dont make sense as three months ago i was working on a site doing extentions to a old peoples home and 75 m was acceptable and its for the same council, can anyone throw a bit of light on this much appreciated john

Sponsored Links
100mm cavities is normal by today's regulations, if using regular dri-therm cavity fill, unless you can use a more expensive, higher standard cavity fill that will achieve the same u value.

you can also use a lesser width cavity but this means beefing up the inso' on either the outside or inside, then you are back to square one.

cheers noseall,rest of the bungalow no insulation at all so this add on with all the latest specs is a complete waste of time in my opinion,understand if it was seperated, perhaps the occupiers might all huddle up and keep warm at one end of new room ie the new part lol ,thanks anyway

Sponsored Links
100mm cavities are cack

Use a turbo inner block, or a high performance insulation (Isovar Hi-cav)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back