cavity tray above lintel

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all should i have put a cavity tray above my lintels in my timber frame, as when it rain's hard up here in the highlands with 90+winds pushing it i get water coming through the top of a window, i think it getting it trough the weep vents above the window and coming inside off the firestop which is fixed to top of window in cavity, any ideas folks,

Cheers

Sponsored Links
yes you should, and you should turn up the ends of it into a mortar joint.

Cheers, as it's all blocked up now and renderd what other options do i have, do not particulary want to cut them all out now?

Sponsored Links
tiles on a verticle surface ...same as a pitched roof ...small ones ;)

Nige F

Are you saying to vertical tile above all windows includding over the weep vents?

Regards

Mini1961

The brick layer put them in due to the timber frame needing ventilation in the cavity, but he never put any cavity tray above the lintels, the vents are spaced @ 600 all the way around the eves and base,

Cheers

Mini1961

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back