Cavity tray help - upturn / idea

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone,

Always get decent advice off here so was hoping someone may be able to help me puzzle this one out.

Extension has been built off plans and front end has a single pitch/lean to roof to go on (bottom right hand side on house pic)

Bricky placed cavity tray on wall as sits on rsj's below and becomes and internal wall, leaving a bit of correx sheeting in mortar bed for roofer to insert lead flashing.

Had main roof completed as can be seen on pic

Joiner has come to do the framing for this part of roof and noted from the front wall plate to this point on the wall below window will leave a pitch of only 18 degrees. We're having a slate roof and needs to be closer to 30.

After talking it over he's placed the ledger board higher up the wall to get the pitch in the late 20s as we want the slates to match on this roof as the main one. Only problem is now the cavity tray exits below the roof and into the ceiling void so need retrofit one higher up.

Happy to get on fitting it but the next mortar bed is the block level with the bottom of the pvc window. Anyone have a way around making this new cavity tray upturn look neat at the end as won't have abutting brick, will be the window. House is being rendered and don't want to see black plastic curving round block on each side of the block/will render bin anyway.

I've tried to draw some drawings and pic to help, hope I've explained it properly. On pic, red line is exit of original cavity tray, yellow is ledgerboard of roof and green in next mortar line up. There is a cavity tray in above the window so not much wall to get wet/condensate on but don't want BCO to not pass as know they're needed.

Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• Window and cavity trays.jpg
    Window and cavity trays.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 111
  • Schematic.jpg
    Schematic.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 114
  • House Tray and legder position.jpg
    House Tray and legder position.jpg
    366.2 KB · Views: 106
Sponsored Links
You putting real slates or fibre cement types on? Reason for asking- not sure about real slates but you can go down to very low pitch on fibre cement with hook nails. Just a thought....

Sponsored Links
Just put a bit of mesh and render over it, most will be covered by the window frame. I thought you didn't necessarily need them with rendered walls anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back