Cavity trays and flashing on a flat roof abutment

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a flat roof that abuts a vertical wall.

I installed 'refurbishment' type cavity trays which are the type with no lead attached, just a clip that keeps the spacing while the motar goes off.

The clips are then removed and the lead flashing goes in under the lip of the tray.

So my question is, what's the best way to seal the joint between the tray and the lead? Manthorpe (the tray manufacturer) doesn't say exactly what to do. I presume I could get a thin bead of leadmate under the tray and push the lead into it?

To get the lead in under the tray, it needs to go 2 inches into the wall, which is further than normal?

Also, there is a weep in each tray, but using leadmate to fill in the joint afterwards makes a water tight seal, basically keeping the water pooled in the tray until it finds the weep. would a motar joint between the lead and the brick not be better as it will allow moisture to escape quicker?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back