Cavity under new glass doors

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

We have had some bifolds fitted. They were fitted to the external skin of the cavity wall. Now we have an exposed cavity that needs sorting as we need to get the floor tiled. The cement floor that is shown will be removed.

Any ideas on the best way to cover the cavity to be able to tile over it?
20200728_073555.jpg
20200728_074012.jpg

Thank you

Sponsored Links
prop a dpc up against the inside of the door and fill it with expanding foam.

If the floor is being redone, are you also laying insulation, then screed?

If so then run those bricks will need to come out, then insulation over cavity butt up to outside skin and then screed. If the insulation is 70mm or thicker it'll be strong enough over a 50mm cavity.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for the replies. No, the cement is only coming out to the rest of the floor level it's only a small section of about 0 3m across the back of the kitchen. The rest of the floor is quarry tiles so I was hoping to remove the old cement, cover the cavity and then tile over the old quarry tiles.

Fitting cavity closures is a building regulations requirement as far as I know. Whether it applies to a cavity opened during window fitting I am not sure.

Fitting cavity closures is a building regulations requirement as far as I know. Whether it applies to a cavity opened during window fitting I am not sure.
As I understand it then it's effectively a new glazed door so needs to either be done by someone who's Fensa registered or with a BC notice.

Which means they probably should have installed the cavity closer as part of their work. In which case you could ask the installer to try to fix it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back