Cavity Wall & Full Fill Technique/Order

So you should not build the outer skin of bwk all the way
up to lintel level before building up the inn
er leaf of blockwork
Nonsense. We build up to lintel bearing and its all we have ever done.

Twin skin blockwork can be a bit less obedient, so you need to tread a little more carefully.

Sponsored Links
Nonsense. We build up to lintel bearing and its all we have ever done.
You don't follow NHBC Standards then - quote from NHBC re external cavity wall construction - 'The difference in heights between the two leaves of a cavity wall under construction can be up to 6 block courses ', just saying.

You don't follow NHBC Standards then
It depends if they are sensible or beneficial. Some of the Robust Details stuff overlaps B'regs so I use what ever method gives the best results. But generally speaking I follow Building Reg's as laid out by Architects/designers etc and enforced by BC.

Sponsored Links
It depends if they are sensible or beneficial. Some of the Robust Details stuff overlaps B'regs so I use what ever method gives the best results. But generally speaking I follow Building Reg's as laid out by Architects/designers etc and enforced by BC.
Fair enough ( a courteous response)(y)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back