cavity wall insulation in a steele house breeze blocked

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i want to find out if my house can be cavity wall insulation ,
it was a steele house but years ago breeze block was built around it then pebbledashed , a low roof was also added , so there must be a cavity behind the breeze block , how wide i dont know , i always thought it was not suitable , but i get people at my door wanting to do it, can anybody with experience tell me if this type of property is suitable .
thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Take no notice of people who want to quote you. My last house had 9" solid walls. Every week I had a cavity insulation company wanting to insulate my walls, and every time I said there were no cavities I was called a liar. Eventually I let a salesman in to give me a quote, he gave me all the spiel and filled in the form, this took about an hour and at the end I told him "If you can find a cavity in my walls you can have the job". He still insisted they could do it so I told him that I would pay when the job was done providing that he gave me an indemnity against damage. He accused me of wasting his time. But the word must have spread because I never had another cold call.

Thanks maltaron, I'm sure I have a cavity how wide I don't know I don't see any other Steele houses in this area that have been done ,so I probably will leave it for now,though it would be good to know whether this type of house would benefit or have dampness after getting this type of work done

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back