Cavity Wall Insulation

How do you work that out?

There are 1000's of gas fires in use with the only ventilation coming under the doors or through gaps in the structure. And they are perfectly OK as are the users

Sponsored Links
Hi, Woody,
If there is sufficient unplanned ventilation, (Draughts) then the user will be ok.
however windows and doors are changed and houses are becoming more hermetically sealed by the year, (due to home improvements)
Why take a chance, when the extra cost is £35

It will be very difficult to seal a room/property to such an extent that a gas fire becomes a hazard.

Hi, woody,
That is because all the people who succeeded in doing so are asphyxiated and not here to tell the tale.

Sponsored Links
I've not heard of anyone dying in this manner. CO poisoining from faulty boilers yes, but not from no air bricks to a fire

I don't have the newspaper reports to hand, but it does happen, more commonly on the continent admittedly, but also in Britain.
I would think a google search of some news sites would turn something up if you are interested in pursuing it.

These stats would be recorded by the HSE and other agencies following the coroners report.

If they happened or were common, then we would know about it

I had a quote a few months ago for cavity wall insulation - having an open fire I was told that I will have to have an air brick.
I then spoke to building services at the council who said "that was a load of rubbish".
Also if you have had your windows changed over the last few years you should have trickle vents fitted which will do the same job as an air brick.

I think the installers are just trying to make a few quid!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back