Cavity Wall Insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi I ve had a quote from Mark Group to install white wool cavity wall insulation in my house, and it was £150. Today I had a quote from AE insulation for Glass mineral wool for £79. Is there any difference in the both ? Which is going to be the best for keeping my heating bill down ! Ha

Thanks for any feedback

Sponsored Links
Mark are pretty good. My dad is a CWI inspector and when I wanted mine done he said to go for the white wool.

Sponsored Links
I had the white wool fitted by the Mark Group. £50 and the difference is amazing.

I was told by the fitter that the materials are pretty much the exact same thing, just different names

I would go with the cheapest option

I was thinking the same, it must be all the same if it all carries the 25 year CIGA guarantee

Go for the white wool - it`s a better product , blows in better. I`m surrounded by it in my cavities here ;)

I had white wool blown in, I don't think there is much difference in the thermal values and the lifespan of the material.
So what I would be looking at, would not just be the price, but the reliability of the company that is doing it, the quality of work they do and the before and after sales service, what are their technical services like, do they know their stuff.
Have they done any work in your area, that you can look at and take testimonies/references from?

I see what u mean, I have nt really heard or AE insulation, has anyone heard anything about them ?

I m going to go with mark group I think. More established company and I think the general feeling is that the white wool is more commonly used. They may be £70 more expensive than AE, but hey, I want a better service

Sponsored Links
Back