Cavity wall insulation

2 Nov 2009
Reaction score
United Kingdom
Hi everybody.I recently had a surveyor from a company knock on the door asking if i wanted cavity wall insulation fitted free as part of a goverment scheme.Now I have lived in my house for 15 years & when I first moved in tried to get this done but to no avail as my house is a steel framed contruction with a single skin of brick I tried to explain to the surveyor but she was adamant they could do it.I have seen neighbours have had this done but no one can remember what firm installed it or what type they had done. The firm has just turned up & said they cannot install it in a no standard type construction house so I,m confused .Is there a special type of insulation that can be put in this type of houses ?
Sponsored Links
Company cannot afford to send surveyors to sell product , she was a saleswoman with little of no building knowledge.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links