CCD camera? connections

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I bought a s/h microscope lens and surprisingly it came with half a microscope and a bit of wire coming out. :eek:

there's a camera, with a CCD sensor about 8mm square or so, in a cylinder of metal about 12mm diameter, and a socket on the back, That has a connector with a edit threaded collar, with 12 pins. There's half a metre of cable, 12 ways, just chopped off.
SO, does that sound like a standard connection?

The scope part has a name on it. - Definitely not current and not too recent, could be 20 years old, no idea.

Sponsored Links
At 20 years old it might not be a CCD sensor but a Plumbicon, Vidicon or similar camera tube. The sensor is behind or part of the flat end of a glass tube.

The target ( sensor ) has the image projected on its front and an electron beam scans the rear to read the image. Behind the sensor inside the glass tube would be something like a miniature cathode ray tube with coils around it and/or plates inside it. The 12 way lead would be carrying the scanning signals to the tube and the beam current ( = image brightness at the point scanned ) from the tube.

I know the things you mean, but no, it's deffo a sensor like in my webcam, Nikon SLR, etc.
scopecamera004800.jpg

scopecamera005800.jpg

scopecamera006800.jpg

The make of the part it fits into is Moritex. Nothing similar on their current site.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back