CCTV Advice Please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am considering a CCTV system for installation outside my home.

I am confused by a lot of the terms used to describe equipment so can someone please help.

I require a system with good resolution and clear picture quality two cameras to start with but may increase to four in the future, also need a record option on event if possible.

I am happy if it is required to mix and match units or use one makers complete system, I think I will only need fixed cameras.

Also recommendations of were to purchase please.

Sponsored Links
Probably the reason you haven't had an answer yet is that you are asking questions that have been asked and answered many times over.
You'll find lots of advice if you browse down the page.
As a hint, if you want good picture quality you'll need at the very least D1 resolution from cameras and DVR. Ideally, look at HD-SDI resolution - 1080p.

Probably the reason you haven't had an answer yet is that you are asking questions that have been asked and answered many times over.
You'll find lots of advice if you browse down the page.
As a hint, if you want good picture quality you'll need at the very least D1 resolution from cameras and DVR. Ideally, look at HD-SDI resolution - 1080p.

sorry posted on wrong thread

Sponsored Links
I am considering a CCTV system for installation outside my home.

I am confused by a lot of the terms used to describe equipment so can someone please help.

I require a system with good resolution and clear picture quality two cameras to start with but may increase to four in the future, also need a record option on event if possible.

I am happy if it is required to mix and match units or use one makers complete system, I think I will only need fixed cameras.

Also recommendations of were to purchase please.

I can vouch for the following...fitted loads and Samsung DVR and a brilliant camera......The Remote viewing on Samsung is better than any other brand by far......See the links below....You will get complete kit for under 300 sheets..
Good luck,
Matt

http://www.map-security.com/samsung...f-h.264-100fps-digital-recorder-uk-model.html

http://www.map-security.com/profess...l-bullet-camera-with-30m-infra-red-clone.html

Matt
Agree with the remote viewing on Samsung SRD443 but have you got the email alert to work?
Tried both Gmail and other addresses but cant get it to work. Samsung suggested setting up with Gmail as sender and having recipient on another email server but still no joy. Suspect it may be a port issue. I don't need it at the moment so its a nice to have rather than a need to have.
Regards
John S

John hi, I simply cannot under how such a high end company can produce such a quality machine for such low cost!

The biggest problem with any networking is the router as there are so many built security blockers......units such as the bt home hub have to be configured using preset configs on the router itself to simulate....not ideal!

Generally I tend to use a net gear 834 as these are low cost and CCTV friendly.

In fairness I've not used email notification.....

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back