CCTV cables,best quality advice.

• Thread starter harry0harry
  • Start date
H

harry0harry

Yes I am back again with a new topic,thank you for all who have helped in the past.

Ok now i need to run cables to positions I need cameras,some will be used straight away and some will be used in the future.

I have seen many cables advertised on the internet from ready made shotgun cables to ready made Siamese type cables,i want to bury many cable runs in oval conduit in my solid walls while my place is under repair.

So I am looking for the best quality cable combined with power,i am happy with making bnc and power connections so I just need to know the best composite cable.

Thank you.

Harry.

Sponsored Links
We usually run separate RG59 and 0.75 flex. Sometimes we use mini-RG59 but I think the teminations are harder and not as good. I've never used the shotgun cable but a lot of others swear by it. I'd steer clear of CAT5 and baluns - they're not worth it on a house (cable runs are short) and cheap baluns can be rubbish.

We usually run separate RG59 and 0.75 flex. Sometimes we use mini-RG59 but I think the teminations are harder and not as good. I've never used the shotgun cable but a lot of others swear by it. I'd steer clear of CAT5 and baluns - they're not worth it on a house (cable runs are short) and cheap baluns can be rubbish.

Thank you for the quick reply,i have seen advertised 100m of shotgun cable pro grade on a wooden drum,looks like the answer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back