cctv camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
In need of some help, dont know if this is the right section

Want to install a cctv at home, 1 camera at the front and 1 to the rear.

Was thinking of connecting to a pvr with possible rj45 connection

What type of camera should I get and anyone recommend any?

Sponsored Links
is that DVR?

depends how much you want to spend really as top which ones to get.

have a google and see what you like the look of.

for my sins i have bulldog cameras from maplin. yes not the best but not the worst either

is that DVR?

depends how much you want to spend really as top which ones to get.

have a google and see what you like the look of.

for my sins i have bulldog cameras from maplin. yes not the best but not the worst either

Sorry meant DVR

Around £40 a camera

maplin it will have to be then (or google) the less you spend the worse the picture

Sponsored Links

I've bought quite a few pieces of kit from an ebay seller. Came directly from the manufacturer in China but very impressed with the value for the money and customer service from the seller is excellent.

I just wanted a basic setup so started off with an SD card DVR but it was rubbish so moved to a HDD recorder with ethernet and a couple of cameras which has been very good - you can even access it on your mobile phone via WAP. Make sure you get CCD cameras, the CMOS ones are rubbish!

I've bought quite a few pieces of kit from an ebay seller. Came directly from the manufacturer in China but very impressed with the value for the money and customer service from the seller is excellent.

I just wanted a basic setup so started off with an SD card DVR but it was rubbish so moved to a HDD recorder with ethernet and a couple of cameras which has been very good - you can even access it on your mobile phone via WAP. Make sure you get CCD cameras, the CMOS ones are rubbish!

Which seller, can you help with item number ?

Which seller, can you help with item number ?

I've bought some cameras like item number 150142076635 and have been very impressed, I've also bought a couple of DVRs from the same person. If you are buying a few things try to negotiate on price but bear in mind if you buy from China returns can be expensive on anything faulty. My experience has been good with them but obviously other ebay sellers are available! :)

i could not find prices(didnt register) but what did you not like Atilla?

From what I have heard, the words 'customer service' are not in their dictionary.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back