cctv camera

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
i've got a camera system on my house and one of the cameras is watching my car,the cameras are fitted with the ir lights which glow red when in use at night,the other day someone ripped my camera off the wall and then broke into my car :cry: i was wondering if you can get these cameras without the red lights which make them stand out but would still work at night.

Sponsored Links
You can get low lux cameras that can work with very little ambient light.
However your issue sounds like positioning, why were they able to reach and damage the camera?
You say you have a "system" do the cameras not overlap their views?

thanks for your response alarm,i've got 3 cameras up 2 on the front and 1 on the back,the 2 on the front cover the front garden between them with so much overlapping the same space,the problem is on the side we've got a single storey extension,the camera was fitted on there because someone could come up the one side and the other camera might not have picked them up,the red glow draws attention to the camera that was why i was wondering if they were available without the red light showing,hope this helps.

have you room for one more in the recording device, you should have.
Overlap and get out of reach.

Sponsored Links
Place it out of reach?

Harden it so it's more difficult to remove?

Use a separate IR light source?

Multiple cameras?

just checked and there is room for one more camera,had a look at what you said about fitting the camera higher and yes it makes sense,just have to get it done now so thats my weekend planned

thanks again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back