CCTV installing rights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
If you are installing CCTV to protected your property (even cars in the street) then this is totally legal to do. You do not need to register under the DPA Act as it is a domestic premises.
As a word of advise the best camera angle is one at low level as used in evidence you will need to make sure that it is the person. A persons head is no good and a bad lawyer could get someone off with ease. 6 to 7 ft is about right but what about vandalism? Many systems come with an alarm out which if you have a security system can be linked into the tamper of the alarm. The other is to use a loop and take this back to the alarm panel. Unless someone can get to the back of a camera 9 times out of 10 you have got them before they know.
Legal side. Reporting traffic wardens who were driving danegrously in and out of parked cars in a residents area bought down on the wrath of the depatment dealing with parking tickets only to find themselves severly put into place. As long as CCTV is no facing into peoples windows etc there are no issues. Some claim human rights but conisdering when you go into town you are captured by at least 100 cams this does not wash.
There are many comments on the internet that are misleading about domestic CCTV and the public highway. If you are covering your cars etc then there is no problem. If the cam was pointing into your neighbours window and you could see into their house this is a breach of privacy. If you catch your neighbour coming home they are in Public view whislt on the street.
Having had the BiB use evidence about 4 times so far, and mainly neighbours also ask if anything happens in the area if I have picked up somthing the only thing I would say about this is do not hand it to your neighbour unless you have asked the Police for permission as this could be an issue if the person in the dock got to know about it.
Maplins do a good range of cameras but be weary of packages that come with a basic DVR. You need a night range of about 15 meters to get a good enough evidenc picture at night.
Hope this helps people and I am willing to install professionally in my area and around this helps if you catch a crime as there is a proceedrue to follow. One bit is to keep a log of making sure that the time is correct.
Regards John. ***********************

Sponsored Links
Nice set of wireless systems, what they dont tell you is the problems you can get and on a personal basis I would not want to be living with 2.4 GHZ floating around my house, and as to IP cameras even with compression ratios they can use up your network bandwidth.

With regards to breast cancer did you know that this type of cancer never existed until FM radio was used?

We have too mucm EMF or radio signals as it is going through our bodies and I know one case of a 2.4 GHZ video sender system being installed and the guy was ill for months and they could not find the cause. Flu like headaches could not sleep. The system went wrong and he did nothing to replace it all of a sudden he started to feel himself again then decided to get it relaced and fell ill again. The penny dropped he turned it off no more problems.

We got involved with why and worked that the 2.4 signal was going straight through his bedroom from the TV and him when he was in the bedroom.

Tetra has been banned by some Countries because of cancer and each country has different "acceptable" levels.

Wirless maybe easy install but if one part goes wrong if you cannot get the same you have to replace all.

As to IP address systems if installed to your PC and the PC is stolen then you have lost the system unless backed up or raid etc.

A DVR locked out of the way hard wired out of experience is a better bet.

Oh as to Tetra when it was first installed it stopped Vauxhall remote locking systems working they had thousands of calls about it and Tetra had to change the specs.

If I was a BiB or part of the emergency services I would not want them near me but neither would I defeat the safety on a microwave oven and stick my head in it!

I know a guy doing very serious research on this matter and his house is caged by metal shielding he grows crystals and other things and his work is shocking.

Even some schools have removed WiFi access that should tell you something.

John.

Yes, it tells me there are people willing to panic from made-up rumours without any evidence

With regards to breast cancer did you know that this type of cancer never existed until FM radio was used?
Nonsense

My grandmother died of it in 1949

Is the rest of your post alarmist myths as well?

Sponsored Links
Yes, it tells me there are people willing to panic from made-up rumours without any evidence
Every chain food store in the land uses Wifi to some extent. Even smaller stores, local convenience stores. My 3000sqft convenience store has three APs, each can transmit up to 100 metres. Large supermarkets might have up to 10 of them. I wouldn't go in there if I were you you might drop dead or something.

You know when you see them in superkmarkets with the little handheld PCs and little reduced to clear printers round their neck? All Wifi. I suspect in large supermarkets a lot of the EPOS kit is also wifi, such as the bakery and deli printers etc. Saves money on cables, and the Wifi infrastructure is already there.

I can pick up my local schools wifi signal from here. I'm fearing for my life.

Ah, but your not a developing child spending a lot of time in that school are you?

Maybe the decision to remove it was taken because the result of blasting kids with it all day is still unknown ;)

Ah, but your not a developing child spending a lot of time in that school are you?

Maybe the decision to remove it was taken because the result of blasting kids with it all day is still unknown ;)
and as wifi routers now seem to be the order of the day for home Broadband they won't be allowed in the house either then?? :cool:

Makes you wonder how the ISPs giving away free wifi routers could be so negligent. Intoducing such devices into our homes knowing they cause health problems :rolleyes:

Never mind Wifi, you should be aware of the dangers of Dihydrogen Monoxide. It is known to be responsible for many deaths every year, including many children, but has not yet been banned in schools. Why? I think we should be told.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back