CCTV - IP Cameras - NVR

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
A family I do IT work for have an IP camera installed outside which is connected to their router for remote viewing. Its connected to the router via homeplugs.

Anyhow, they want me to add another IP camera or two to the setup but also they want to be able to record.

I had thought of building a computer for the job but like always, they will want to use it for general computer work and in no time they will mess the CCTV end of it up.

I was hoping for an NVR which I could put away somewhere and they wouldn't have any real need to touch it but they are very expensive especially the Panasonics which I thought would go well with the existing Panny camera but £800+ was very steep.

Also, instead of spending a fortune on IP cameras, is their a way of using a standart BNC camera and converting it into an IP camera to be used with a homeplug.

The house is a monster and cabling is a no go at present hence the homeplugs.

Cheers.

Sponsored Links
Sponsored Links
System described may not be quite straightforward.
Very likely to come up against different protocols making for an expensive and difficult solution.
Might be wise to look at the system in total and see just what customer needs, not wants, then look for the right solution.
I suspect customer is using that magic word 'just'.
'Just' put me another in that room there please. Then assuming it will cost pennies to resolve.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back