CCTV Qustions

Love to see the "spec" that beats anything out there ( or on a par).
What cameras are you using? Lenses ? Lux rates? IR what type? DVR/NVR ?
Coax/RG/Fibre Otic/Wireless tramsmission?
Power supplies?

you asked, so lets start:

1 16 chanel dedicated micros ds2 and controller £2000 shall we say, i think this unit on looks and graphic interface is crap, but apart from that its ok and is a industry standard.

2 i much prefer my panasonic wjhd316 16 chanel, just under £4000 as you already no.

3, my 2x panasonic WV-CW960 outdoor ptzs dome brand new boxed 2 years ago, around £1800 each as you already know.

4, 2x panasonic system controllers WV-CU650 errrm £1000 each shall we say?

5, my dennard housings with either panasonic true day nights fitted (ir moveable lense) or vista day night box cameras. £200 quid a pop minimum as you already know per camera, not sure how much dennard housings are, i have 3 of them, 2 still brand new boxed.

6. my vista true day night domes, some with leds up to £300 a pop?? i have loads of these some still boxed

7. my honeywell true day nights ir lense with leds, brand new boxed i have 3 of these nearly £1000 there as you already now

8 my older last version panasonic ptz outdoor dome £1500 shall we say??

and a few other bits and pieces i wont bore you with, all cat 5ed and buluned, all netoworked for remote viewing anywhere in the world, fully networked in house to any laptop, pc or plasama or lcd tv i choose.

internal panaosnic ip cameras all ftping out of the house.

soon to start sourcing ip megapixel cameras, panasonic branded ones, in fact got my eye on a pansonic 720p ptz external dome £2000 for that bad boy.

power supplys mixture of 12vdc or 24vac, panny ptzs 240v, lenses all various sizes from wide angle to nice tight close up shots of accses points, car sheds etc.

beats anything used by 99% of any domestic user, also wipes the floor with most shop cctv, supermarkets may beat me but i doubt infact i know aldi lidle iceland etc my domestic cctv blows theres out of the door.

happy now, yes you may call me a geek and bow before me at my domestic cctv install.

oh lights are 300 too 500watt pirs, also love my low wattage 2d ligting, so do my cameras.

when my panny domes switch to black and white at night and i get crystal clear displays on my main crt monitor is what floats my boat.

Sponsored Links
forgot to ask what you got??

oh and i will back my s**t up with photographs with a dated newspaper or what ever you want, my panny ptzs are currently in my bedroom waiting to go up with there brothers and sisters wen i finish some other work first.

Why have you turned this into a fight?

FYI Mine are coverts, no need to advertise.
But I dont live in a high crime area as you seem do, also no need to get 2nd hand stuff. Helps to "beta" with some manufacturers :D
Adequate lighting so no need to illuminate any further. Funny how some goes B/W at night isnt it :D
I`ll take a pic too if you like, but you wont see anything :D Covert geddit :D
Run on my Blackberry/Ihave one so your shouldPhone (zzz) or anywhere I allow. Also off site storage. Never seen a recording device stolen?

I hope your DVR is locked away in a safe place !

I remember you, needed a hand setting some things up before on the other site.
Get the PTZs on a tour but dont make the error of them both looking ( or how many there are) away and creating "blind spots).
Going well now by the sound of it.

no fight deffo not sorry if it came across, dvrs are going somewhere in locked cabinets.

as i dont want my intire garden ect lit up fully and for the higer res images i dont mind them going to black n white, also orange street lights dont look to good on colour at night, the awb does help, but my panny domes like to be in black and white and auto switch at low lux

regarding the panny domes, as one magazine said these domes shout out "oi mate im watching you"

i like them to be seen and they act as deterent, i do have covert cames hidden in eaves etc.

i live in beautifull northumberland, one of the lowest crime areas in the uk.

and i assure you there is not no any blind spots, dont really want the ptzs touring all the time - wear n tear on motors gears etc, both dvrs will be locked away,

i aint had a play with a dedicated micros dome yet, think ill buy one to see what there like, but i think my pannys will out do anything dediacted micros domes can do, as you know panasonic is a bespoke high end system.

i dont like forward vision metal mickeys, as you can see where there pointing, but id love one of the mickeys with the thremal imaging.

only downside of all this is the amount of wattage used with the old electricity bill.

Sponsored Links
i dont like forward vision metal mickeys, as you can see where there pointing, but id love one of the mickeys with the thremal imaging.
l.

Fitted a couple of Themal Mic412's, at that price I doubt it's the kinda thing you'd be seeing on ebay.

P.s. Wanna buy an Axis 223m Lee?? Fully working. :p

l.

Fitted a couple of Themal Mic412's, at that price I doubt it's the kinda thing you'd be seeing on ebay.

P.s. Wanna buy an Axis 223m Lee?? Fully working. :p

standard mickeys are on there very so often £500 noramly secures one, if some body put one up as a buy it now for a few hundred not knowing what they had id buy it to play with it, cant remember ever seeing a top of the range thermal though.

could be interested in the axis mate, but id be looking at a rock bottom bargin and you would probably get more off some one other person the me, but thanks for the offer, i dont have any axis kit but i like the looks and spec of some of there ptz stuff.

i let lots of high end stuff pass me by on ebay because i know there will be bargins coming up, but buy real true bargins when there on there, and belive me there are some mega mega bargins at some time, especialy the brand new boxed never used stuff, that people put on at silly low buy it nows sometimes, ive had cams that should be £300+ bought for £20 (high end vista/ honeywell domes for example)

and a little tip for people wanting to do a few 10 or 20 meter cat 5 runs. buy 1 100 meter lan/ethernet lead and cut the ends off, a 100m lead is so so cheap

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back