CCTV recordings?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My cctv cameras are connected to a recorder which is connected to my tv via hdmi for viewing. The tv is a 47" lcd so I expect a little image loss when viewing the footage in full screen but I don't understand why snap shots and playback taken off the recorder to memory stick and viewed back on PCs are just as bad?
The images live and playback viewed on the app via android and iPad are much better?

Sponsored Links
On the NVR or DVR there will be different settings for quality on recordings and streaming. Sounds like your recording quality is probably set low to allow more recordings on the hard drive you have. Without knowing your full setup this is just my speculation but that is what it sounds like to me.

That seems to make sense I'll have a look at the settings, any pointers as to what to look for or change?
Thanks for the reply.

There should be recording settings and something like kbps or frames per second and primary stream / secondary stream. When you see the settings it should become apparent.

Sponsored Links
Without sounding stupid why is the same recording so much better on the app as it's still coming off the dvr?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back