remote admin of Hikvision NVR system

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a hikvision DS-7608NI-E2 8 channel system installed in the loft. I don't have remote access enabled (to do...) and currently administer the system and playback by connecting a monitor (have to lug this up to the Loft) to the VGA output up in the loft and using the on screen keyboard and mouse plugged into NVR.

This lets me do everything on the system e.g. Playback, admin and access all menu options.

Q. When I have remote access configured and I access the system through the web browser/app, I know I can view and playback but can I also access all the menus as currently the case with monitor directly plugged into NVR?

I also have a HDMI cable running from NVR to a TV but again, I assume this is for viewing the current live view only?

Else, I need to invest in a permanent monitor to be located in the loft.

Sponsored Links
I have fitted loads of hik DVR/NVR In clean lofts and dropped a hdmi, usbx2 to a tv in the bedroom for viewing and playback via the mouse and hdmi and back up via the extra USB lead

Thanks @sparkymarka. If I've understood you correctly, my monitor in the loft could do what its currently doing via the HDMI cable? Hence, if I had a mouse plugged into the DVR and the HDMI into my cable, it would behave like my monitor currently is in the loft?

If yes, my issue is that I've only dropped a HDMI cable down but presumably, I could use a wireless mouse?

Finally, that aside, does the internet access of the system give me all the admin capabilities as i could use that instead?

You basically just need to extend the outputs and sockets that you use when you climb into the loft with your TV into the room you want to use.
I used a modular system recently dropped into spare bedroom/ office looks very neat and works well, HDMI, 2 x USB, RJ45. Managed to get all behind ‘Dot and Dab”.
Have a look on eBay for ideas, search “modular HDMI”

Sponsored Links
understood but does the internet access also give me access to all the admin features? If yes, I could get it that was rather than dropping down physical cables? Am I missing something?

Not on app based connection , you would have to use pc/ mac ivms4200 software to adjust settings ect

I have that NVR and can confirm the app does not allow them settings to be changed but in my iPhone where the app is I can open the safari browser and get the same config page you would get on a PC/MAC the only exception is I can’t watch the feeds back through safari because of a missing plugin but I can change all the settings.

I use my MAC to login remotely and change stuff and never go in my loft to do anything.

There is 1 downside which I can’t currently find a work around to is the config/view through a browser does not allow you to see motion detection events it only lets you see everything. On google searching apparently there is no way around this.

thanks @lamchamps. That's answers my question. I've noted your point on motion detection events.

I can’t watch the feeds back through safari because of a missing plugin but I can change all the settings.
Same problem regarding plugin on most latest versions of browsers. Try using 'SeaMonkey' browser as this allows you to see 'Live View' functions.

Same problem regarding plugin on most latest versions of browsers. Try using 'SeaMonkey' browser as this allows you to see 'Live View' functions.

On my MAC I have the plugin to watch through safari it is jut the iPhone/iPad that I can’t but as the app is on those anyway it is not really important. Thanks for the tip anyway I will have a look at that browser.

I was setting up the DDNS and mobile app over the weekend and was prompted for a "Verification Code". I couldn't find this when accessing the NVR via the website but found it when connected to the NVR via the monitor. It appears under "Platform Access".
Can someone confirm where this appears via the webiste access or have I found an example of something which can only be done up in the loft in my case??

Also, can someone point me to where I can rename my cameras as it's becoming a tad annoying to see three versions of "Camera 1".

Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

Along with the above, I wanted to rename my cameras and after much digging around I figured that this is buried inside the "OSD" option. I can see this in the monitor connected directly to the NVR but can't locate it in the browser accessing the NVR via the internet. I just want to be sure that I can do all admin via the website and hence don't require a monitor in the loft. Thanks for your help.

Hi All,

Along with the above, I wanted to rename my cameras and after much digging around I figured that this is buried inside the "OSD" option. I can see this in the monitor connected directly to the NVR but can't locate it in the browser accessing the NVR via the internet. I just want to be sure that I can do all admin via the website and hence don't require a monitor in the loft. Thanks for your help.

Yes you can, I have attached a screenshot of logging into the NVR via the browser on my iPhone. Like I mentioned earlier no plugin to view the actual feed but I can edit all other settings.

Attachments

• 310459C3-F691-4647-B6F6-DCCEF66AEA64.jpeg
    310459C3-F691-4647-B6F6-DCCEF66AEA64.jpeg
    71.7 KB · Views: 128
aah..
and what about the verification code? Are you able to locate that via the website too? I'll stop doubting this after this! Thanks for your help.

The verification code is on the bottom of the NVR sticker. Or depending if you have enabled it go to browser then login -> configuration -> advanced settings -> platform access

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back