cctv setup need help please

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all i have recently had my car and house atemted breakin they didn't get in to the house as the security is a1 they took some stuff out of the car so i have fitted security cameras all round the house but cant seem to get my sony flat lcd screen tv to pick up the cameras i have the recorder in the upstairs bedroom and connected via a HDMI cable to the tv in the living room so we can switch on the cameras when we want to see what is going on if needed but the sony tv says out of range all the time so i tried another tv and that works ok i contacted sony but not very helpful hope you guys can put some light on this matter as my wife is very uneasy now thanks the video camera setup is floureon H264 video recorder x 4 cameras thanks bazz

Sponsored Links
thanks for your reply the cable is 10 mtr long not sure about composit cable

They say 25 ft is the max (7.8m) before signal starts to degrade it may be your sony tv does not like the signal ! Best bet is unplug dvr take downstairs and try with a 1 m lead to start with

Sponsored Links
HDMI is not good over long distances, even though cables are available. If your DVR has options for the HDMI output, adjust the refresh rate and resolution. This will,likely bring it into range without noticeable quality loss (yours cams are unlikely hd).

This issue is often seen in schools and boardrooms with HDMI connected projectors and laptops.

You can get HDMI distributors/splitters which are powered, effectively doubling any length, depending where you put one! You can also get active cat5e baluns to transmit HDMI over cat5e for longer distances.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back