CCTV wireless

Seems a very intuitive idea mattylad. Although I think it'll take a bit to get my head around it.

I've got a good CCTV system in my house, but effectively 'borrowing' a parking place on a neighbour's driveway.

I can put a couple of cameras on the neighbour's house on the cars in the drive, but wanted a compact transmitter I could 'bury' in his loft which wouldn't complicate things. That way I've got coverage on my car and his in his drive (which he's happy with).

Not sure how it would go down if I need space in his loft for a computer permanently running and the sound of a cooling fan which might cause annoyance. Also a distance of 30m through two brick walls for a router, it might struggle.

Perhaps it would work better than I imagine. I'll give it some thought - thanks.

Sponsored Links
I think CPC are currently selling a wireless camera interface for £29 that you connect the camera to.

If you can do the duct system, best bet would be cameras VIA a DVR that can be used over a LAN you could run a LAN cable at the same time.

Wireless can cause problems including health!

Be interested to see a diagram then could advise better.

John.

Sponsored Links
If you can do the duct system, best bet would be cameras VIA a DVR that can be used over a LAN you could run a LAN cable at the same time.

Wireless can cause problems including health!

Be interested to see a diagram then could advise better.

John.
Behave yourself! Nothing but a scaremongerer.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back