CCTV with infrared and light with pir

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Can I ask, is the light being actuated at night by the infrared given off by the CCTV.
My new set up is, CCTV that has infrared for night vision and a light that has a pir built in, both are in an Inclosed porch.
The light comes on and then off and back on again within seconds when it night. Can this happen, or is the light on its last legs?
The CCTV sits behind the light and throws its infrared onto the porch walls if this helps to explain the setup a bit more.
Thanks for any info.
Peter

Sponsored Links
I was thinking along these lines but thought I would just ask the question.
Peter

Right, I removed the light that has a pir and fitted a light that's fed from a pir that lives and controls a couple of lights either side of the front garage. Bit of messing about but we wanted to keep the CCTV and light in the porch.
Peter

Sponsored Links
That should have sorted it.
Repost if you could tomorrow to tell us the outcome.
It would be good if others found this in a search.

Thanks

Just returned from a night shift and checking my mail and as I sit drinking a cup of tea before going to bed, saw this from Alarm.
Well it's too light for the the need for the light to be activated so I will check it this night and repost to update.
Peter

Well, both the CCTV and the porch light now work without any problem. So, now I have a pir light that I will have to find someplace to fit it, or more like, keep it to use as a replacement for one that fails. Just goes to show as Alarm pointed out, bounce back was the problem.
Peter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back