CD Player Jumping Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Dear All

Recently my Philiips stereo of 5 years old started jumping on all CDs put in it. I used the usual CD lens cleaners with no joy, and even tried cleaning the lens with solvent etc, but nothing has any effect. I know it is the player as CDs all play fine on other devices.

Can anyone tell me what could be causing this, I always seem to get the problem with all the CD players I ever buy after a while. Is there anything I can do to resolve it, and if not what is a good make/model to go for as a replacement that will actually last.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
Not sure if this is the problem you had, but once I had a player with the same issue. It turned out that the cd lens wasn't running smoothly along the rail. I put some grease on the rail and cogs and everything worked great again :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back