Worth buying a CD player?

Reaction score
Country
Cook Islands
I have quite an old Sony 5-disc player hooked up to the hifi. Apart from using it for music, I copy CDs with it to minidisks which I play in the car (I no longer use a car CD player)

The multidisc CD turntable has been creaking a bit recently, and today it stopped recognising discs :( I tried the lens-cleaning CD but with no change. I presume it is not user-servicable.

I am wondering if it is worth buying another. I already have a DVD recorder, but it is at the TV end of the room as the sound end also flows into the dining area (open plan) so not as convenient as having a player at the sound end. Are CD players obsolete?

Sponsored Links
Just happen to have 1 Sony cdp-c245 5 disc cd player lying in my garage. Along with a Denon CD CD&G (Karaoke) player, Sony mini disc recorder and other odds and ends.
I've got hundreds upon hundreds of music cd's so no way the cd player will be obsolete for me, not for a long time anyway.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back