ceiling advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello
I am planning to get quite abit of work done to my property, extension, rewiring, skimming, new bathroom, kitchen etc. Im also planning to remove a ground floor and 1st floor chimney breast. We have got lathe and plaster ceilings, which apart from abit of artex coming off them, seem fine. Our builder is saying it is best take down all ceilings in the property and replace with plasterboard. Is this correct?
I was thinking of just changing the ceilings in the rooms where the chimney breasts are coming out, but could these ceilings also be saved somehow?

All comments greately appreciated. thanks

Sponsored Links
This is just an opinion...

It seems like you are having a lot of work done in the house, so this is the perfect time to get the old ceilings down and replaced.

You wouldnt want to have a nicely decorated house, let down by a scabby artex ceiling.

Hi
I think 'all the ceilings in the property' may be a bit steep, but not a bad idea to do it in the rooms that are going to be full of dust anyway. I mean if the artex is falling off, you never know whats going to come down next, right?
Charley

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back