Ceiling crack in difficult to reach spot above stairwell.

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello I'm sprucing up the house prior to it going on the market. There is a thin 2 foot long crack on the ceiling just above the stairwell - close to where the ceiling meets the wall. It graduates from hairline to about 16th of an inch in old money and has been there since the roofers were hammering away. Normally I would just fill it but getting up that high is a bit tricky for me. I'm trying not to spend too much at this stage which means not resorting to a professional if I can avoid it. Is there a product I can apply - with just a long handled brush say? I've been looking at Polycell Crack Free Ceilings but not sure whether it will do the job. Some reports say it is little better than ordinary paint and gives a silk finish despite being labelled matt.

Sponsored Links
Assuming that its a painted surface, you could use a long handled roller to apply some thick decorative cover to the whole soffit/ceiling panel.

I dont know much at all about painting and decorating. Perhaps ask in the Decorating and Painting forum.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back