Ceiling light fittings and plasterboard

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Posted a few days ago about damage to ceiling spot lamps following bathroom flood. Have checked as advised and predictably the lamps themselves are quite black and there is some corrosion.

I will replace as advised but have one problem. The securing screw at one end of the batten doesn't penetrate the plasterboard and is more or less dangling. Aspark did a first aid job afew months ago with alonger screw/bigger wall plug and I have obviously undone all the good work by unscrewing it)

Is there a work around to remedy this problem?
If the new light fitting doesn't conceal the holes what would you advise (probably the same question I guess)

Thanks for your help

cedrich

Sponsored Links
FXGFL.JPG

:LOL:

I'm not clear what your post is actually asking for??

Are you simply saying that the batten that you wish to screw your fitting on to needs to be fixed to the plasterboard inside the ceiling??

Hi

Yes that is it in essence. Sorry I didn't make myself clearer.

cedrich

Sponsored Links
Use grip fill or a suitable adhesive- after a few hours of curring time it will hold the baton firmly against the plaster board inside / above the ceiling.

Then use a pilot drill to make suitable holes between your fitting fixing position, through the plasterboard / plaster and in to the baton.

If you don't pre drill sometimes the baton will lift off due to the pressure of your screw fixing.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back