Ceiling Patch

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I had some downlighters fitted and the guy made a hash of covering the hole of the original light fixture with chaulk. I removed that and covered it with one of those repair patches and covered it with Polyfilla. The only problem is I didn't do a very good job of levelling it down and it is very bumpy. Would a hand sander sort it and if so what sort of grit paper would I need? Thanks in advance.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.5 KB · Views: 99
Sponsored Links
joec1985, good evening.

As far as i am concerned, under no circumstances hit the plaster with an electric Sander.

Suggest you use a pole sander or a large surface sanding block, the object is to sand off the high bits bit not aggressively so as to dig holes or grooves as can happen with a powered sander??

You can then re-fill and when dry re-sand as above, then simply do it again! with every succeeding sandpaper grit being smaller.

Once you are happy with where you are with the prep. Apply the paint finish.

Ken.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back