Ceiling rose - so much of wire!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a light fitting of precision of 3 bulbs in a room to sleep. I want to replace it by a fitting of simple precision of bulb. I have new rose etc., but... it seem y to have 4 sets of wire leaving the ceiling, and I think that all has red wire, black and of green/yellow (its a little difficult to be very sure that it seems y to have to join additional by using a connector). I looked at another suitable light who have only 3 sets of wire of in top. If there were only of 3 with that which I want to change am sure that I could manage to change it, by copying the other. But what 4th is all approximately? Thank you. :?:

Sponsored Links
Have a look in the reference section here you should be able to work out which wire is which if :-

a) you noted where each wire went previously or
b) you own or have access to a multimeter (and know how to use it)

Hope this helps, usually simple when you've identified the wires. I would guess the most common failure is not identifying the switched live cable which is often black, and should be sleeved in red, though it is very common for this sleeving to be absent. Good luck.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back