Ceiling rose to L/E/N

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all

I'm trying to fit a light with a l/e/n block to my old ceiling rose. I've looked at the wiki article on how to do this... trouble is, my ceiling rose has 2 neutral, 1 live and 4 earths. It doesn't seem to have any of the loops like the diagram does. Any ideas?

Also, from a physical point of view, the 4 earths will never fit into the block. Is there a solution to that?

Thanks

Keir

Sponsored Links
if its been piped out then you wont always have a permanent live(loop)at the fitting so dont worry too much.if its a standard twin and earth install,make sure the lives havent been connected then shoved in the ceiling.

as for the earths then use a bigger connector block for these but twist the ends together(not too tight)if you dont twist them,with that amount of earths,then one may pop out when you push the light back up,thus breaking the earths for the rest of the circuit

you will have a terminal block tucked up in the ceiling behind the rose..

it may have been a fancy fitting at some point and the previous owners took it with them and "made good" with a standard pendant..

they will have just put the neutrals and switched live into the new rose.. leaving a terminal block with 3 reds in it above the ceiling..

the fact that you have 4 earths leads me to believe that you have a T+E feed in, T+E feed out, a single and earth to the switch, and a single and earth back from the switch..

is this a 2 way light?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back