1 switch 2 lights

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Pls can some 1 give me some advice on how this should be wired. Ive had a look at the Wiki but cant see anything with ref to this topic,

At present I have a switch and a ceiling rose with a bulb all working fine. I then ran cable from the ceiling rose to another ceiling rose to add a second light but light number 2 will not power on.

In ceiling rose number I have my switched live and L from the lamp in 'Line' and in Loop I have my L from the switch & the CU, in N I have the N from the CU all is working OK. I then ran the new N cable from line on Ceiling rose 1 to Line on Ceiling rose 2 the same for L from loop to loop and E to E and then put L from the light in line and N from the light in N but no joy

Sponsored Links
Can you post a couple of piccys of what you have at both roses? What are you hoping to achieve, both lights coming on from the same switch?
If so this will be relevent:
electrics:lighting:4pwjpg16rj.jpg

Thank for the diagrams spark. I can see where I was goin wrong. yes I was aiming to turn both lights on with the 1 switch

Cheers again.

Oh and thanks for your help with the electric to the garage I sorted it with a 2 way CU in the garage with a 6 amp MCB for my 2 lights and a 32 amp for my 3 sockets on a radial circuit.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back