Ceiling light

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The ceiling rose in question is on a loop.
There are 2 cables entering into the junction box plus 1 cable going to a ceiling rose plus 1 switch cable.
I have identified the switch.
All reds are together in a terminal.
In a 2nd terminal are the blacks from the lights plus the blue going to the ceiling rose.
In the 3rd terminal is the black from the switch and the brown to the ceiling rose.
Wired like this all the ceiling lights downstairs work apart from the light from this rose. It flashes every now and then. It is a normal 60 watt bulb...not a led.

Sponsored Links
So you have two cables, I presume incoming/outgoing supply.
Then a cable to the swith, I assume twin and earth.
Then a cable to the light fitting again I assume twin and earth but blue/brown coloured.

At the a junction you have all reds together (3 in total) This being the live loop, and one goes to the switch.

Then in second terminal you have 2 blacks and a blue conductor, this is the neutral loop.

and in a third terminal you have the black from the switch (switch live), together with a brown conductor to the light fitting ( still switch live).

The blue goes to neutral of fitting and brown to live of fitting.
If the lamp is flashing, you have a loose or damaged connection or faulty lamp. The loose connection can be in a number of places. Check at fitting and switch first, then at the junction.

Is this circuit earthed?

Hi, check the lamp holder connections at the rose and the lamp holder.

:) DS

Sponsored Links
Im away working to Friday so I thankyou for your help and will take another look then and will keep you updated.
Thankyou again

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back