ceiling speaker placement

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. I have a kef soundlight im about to install in my new vaulted ceiling. Would i be best to keep the two left speakers and the two right speakers on the same side or have them in oposite corners? So either going round the the four corners left left right right or left right left right. Hope im making sense! Also do you think the sub would work best at the top point of the vault one either side or at the top of the wall height both would have to be on one side of the pitch.

Thanks with any help

Sponsored Links
Unless there's a specific way that the room is used that requires stereo image is maintained along one axis then I've always installed crossed over. That way if you find yourself on any side wall then you'll always be between a stereo pair.

As for the sub position, it's really a case of getting that centralised in the space. The soundlight tweeter speakers don't produce much lower-midrange, so that job is pushed on to the sub. IOW, without the tweeters running you could still make out words spoken because the sub is contributing quite a bit of the midrange sound. It would be muffled, similar to hearing voices from an adjacent room, but you'd get the gist of what was being said.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back