Ceiling stained colour

M

marsaday

I have stripped off the wallpaper in the dining room of a house i am renovating and sanded walls and cleaned them with sugar soap.

I have repainted in white.

the walls are fine except from the dado level upwards and the ceiling. This area has a yellowish tint to it.

I have repainted this once more than the rest of the room but it still has a tint.

Any idea what it is ? Do i just repaint again ? Would a colour such as magnolia be a better colour to use in this room ?

Sponsored Links
Have these areas every ad problems with leaks? As the stains caused by water ingress can leach through new paint, the stains can be sealed by a stain sealer

Possibly, but it is the whole ceiling which is a uniform yellowish colour.

I know the shower leaked, but it wouldnt affect the whole ceiling, plus it is right in the corner.

Just wonder if it will be easier to repaint in magnolia and so hide this problem that way.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back