Ceilling issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi guys,
Today myself and my partner decided to rip down the old wall paper in our bedroom (Victorian terraced), the plaster looks original (not so sure about the ceiling though) and in good condition (easy enough to paper anyway), but the ceiling is a lot worse than we expected.
I knew there was a 'divot' where the step ladders had been bashed against the ceiling, but there are a lot more cracks and in one place a hole....but the worst part is, in one point of the ceiling you can actually push the plaster up about 1cm (right by the 'divot'). We don't have much money (none in reality) and was hoping a bit of filler here and there would sort out the issues, but I fear it is a lot worst than that.....can any one shed any light/ideas on this please.

The hole - this I think will be filled easily.

The 'divot'

Sponsored Links
It needs re-boarding and skimming. Until you can afford it then just patch it and paint it. £350 ish to sort it.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back