Celcon Block Surface Damage Repair

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I've had to remove a section of dot and dabbed platerboard and a small number of celcon blocks behind have got some surface damage up to 20mm deep. Instead of cutting out and replacing the blocks is it possible to apply a structural repair mortar?

I know I could always use regular sand-cement mortar but wondered if you could get a repair mortar that matched the aerated concrete of the block?

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Sponsored Links
If its only a small number, and only 20mm, why bother? Just stick new plasterboard back and forget about it.

Fair point although I'm a bit of a perfectionist. Do you know of any repair mortars specially for aerated blocks?

Sponsored Links
I dont. And i dont know if there is.

These blocks are normally plastered over or covered with something. There finish is not important. Hence the lines and squiggles on them.

If you wanted to make it look like a celcon block again i would use bonding plaster. And make the lines to match the block face when nearly dry.

I'd then take a piece of celcon block to B&Q to get a colour match. So i could paint my perfect patches....lol

I wouldn't do any of this in reality. I would just plaster over it or board over it.

The blocks are cheap enough. Take it down and rebuild it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back