Cellar Tanking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Ive just bought a house, that has had the initial cellar tanking work done, i.e Membrane attached to the wall and floor and pump installed. Unfortunately its not been finished and Im on a budget to get it done.

It will only be to provide some dry storage, it seems from what i have read on the internet, a floating moisture resistant chipboard floor and the screw battons into membrane plugs and plasterboard. Im pretty confident i can do that myself, Im a pretty handy DIY'er

However the one thing im stuck on is what you do with the stone stairs into the basement. The bottom 2 have had the thick 20mm black floor membrane over them, so will need to be boxed in i presume, I just cant think of a sensible/safe way of doing it. also should i box in all the other stairs at the same time? How would i fix the wood? to each step? top and bottom. Just need some help in terms of how to finish the steps, im confident with the floor and walls.

Cheers in advance

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back