Celotex type loft insulation - advice

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

Im in the process of insulating the stud walls that separate my bedrooms from a cold loft.

I have inserted celotex into the gaps and was wondering if its worth using foil tape between the wood and insulation? or just on the board to board joins?

I have some expanding foam for the bigger gaps, should this all be allowed to cure then taped?

Any thoughts much appreciated as i realise that a vcl is important, but is it worth going nuts over?

Edit: it's maybe not a vcl I should be making on this side, more of a barrier to heat loss to stop condensation on the inside

Graeme

Sponsored Links
Well I finished half the job today and quite confidently say that "exact gap foam" isn't quite what is printed on the tin. It takes some getting used to and less is more.

The foil tape seems redundant if the cuts are good and if not then foam will fill the gap for sure. :eek:

Any advice for cutting and laying the pir for the bits that slant towards the upper loft? It's the bit in between the rafters and looks fiddley

Graeme

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back